Open Work Permit
An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer:
- who is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions, or
- who regularly offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages.
You can only get an open work permit in specific situations. Find out if you can apply for an open work permit.
Temporary Work Permit
An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:
- the name of the employer you can work for,
- how long you can work, and
- the location where you can work (if applicable).