Computer Literacy for Windows 10 in Calgary, AB
Attendees may include:
- Individuals who are looking to get started with Computer Basics.
- Anyone who wants to sharpen their basics on Computers.
How will I benefit?
The computer basics course provides you the fundamentals of using computers. This will greatly help you in navigating through the interface easily. With this course, you will learn the basic command prompts, the basics of saving and opening files etc.
We understand your business is not like any other. You’re addressing specific marketing challenges and opportunities with a particular skill set, and that’s where our bespoke, in-company digital and inbound training comes in. If you’re looking to train five or more people, our bespoke option offers you the best value for money and the support of a dedicated digital marketing consultant.
Computer Literacy course contents:
- What is a Computer?
- What's Inside a Computer?
- Laptop vs Desktop vs Tablet.
- Special Considerations when using a laptop.
- Understand the Operating System.
- Understand files and folders.
- Understand your Home (User) folder.
- How to use your desktop.
- How to delete files.
- Understand the right-click.
- Understanding Applications.
- How to open and save files.
- Choose the right tool.
- How to learn any application.
- Five things that work in all applications.
- Understand computer ports.
- How to setup a printer.
- How to print your documents.
- Portable Storage Devices.
- How to pair with Bluetooth devices.
- Understand Networks and Internet Access.
- Connect to wired networks.
- Connect to Wi-Fi (Wireless) networks.
- How to work in a Networked environment.
- Stay protected from viruses.
- Understand email servers and clients.
- How to setup your email application (client).
- Receive and read email.
- How to compose new email messages.
- Reply vs Reply all.
- Deal with Spam.
- Understand Search Engine basics.
- How to conduct basic searches.
- How to conduct advanced searches.